Hooray! New dates have just been added for our calligraphy workshops. Our summer Introduction to modern Pointed Pen Calligraphy classes were such good fun & so popular that we have organised more for the Autumn. All of them will be held at our industrial 'cool' studio, tucked away in the leafy West Sussex countryside.
Due to refurbishing the Victorian Electricity Substation that doubles as our studios, we are able to hold classes whenever we want!! We are so excited to be able to share our love of calligraphy with our students and meet fellow calligraphy enthusiasts. Receiving fantastic feedback from them is the icing on the cake. Below are a few of the kind notes we’ve received lately:
- "I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed last Wednseday's workshop. It was wonderful to break free of the rules and use calligraphy in such a free way. I really appreciated all the preparation you did with such quality touches- even down to the coffee and cake. I hot footed it to Paperchase and have been busy experimenting. A joy!" SE
- “Thank you so much for such a inspiring class! Not only are you so talented at calligraphy, but you are also excellent at teaching it! I loved every minute and didn't want to stop. I will be coming back for more.” – DB
- “I had so much fun writing again, it's been so long since I did anything so creative and your quality teaching made it all so clear.” – TF
- “A gorgeous place to learn and such a nice way to pass a morning. From the friendly guidance you gave to the delicious cakes, I thought your class was wonderful.” – LP
- “I wanted to compliment you on your teaching. I really didn't think I would get anywhere near the results I did, and now I don't want to stop. I will be signing up for more as soon possible” – FG
- “I SO enjoyed your class! My friend recommended you, I came with no preconceived ideas, and you blew me away. Thank you so much for helping me find a craft I really, really enjoy” – DM
There is nothing better than seeing our students complete our workshops eager to practice and grow as calligraphers! So many that attended asked to do a longer course, and that's why we have set the date for two full day workshops. All our former students will know how quickly the time goes when you are concentrating on your work, and having longer to really get to grips with mastering techniques and materials will be a real luxury. If you can't get to a class, but would love to try your hand at calligraphy, try our Calligraphy Starter kits. Inside are calligraphy tips, lessons and exercises, stationery to work on and all the materials you need to get yourself started as a calligrapher.
We hope that you will be able to join us for a workshop (or two!). As always, we’ll be keeping the class size small (maximum students is 12) to allow for plenty of individual attention and instruction. So, if you are interested in taking part this Autumn, please don’t wait too long to book your place. You can find more details here.
A place in one of our workshops is also the perfect birthday, anniversary or graduation gift too, so let us know if your place is for a friend. We will sit you together if you are both attending, and even prepare an extra special cake to celebrate.
Calligraphy is also the perfect hobby for teenagers and kids as they can create something cool, stylish and inspirational to frame on their wall. When we ran our kid's workshop they were so totally engrossed in their calligraphic designs for the whole of the class that we could barely prise them away for biscuits and cakes!
We add a little foiling and glitter for the younger ones, and are always amazed at the wonderful results at the end of every class. If you want to see for yourself, follow our facebook page. We post our students' work there and all the other projects we are working on as well.